Already scheduled your appointment?
Have you already scheduled your in-person appointment? You can still schedule a Telehealth appointment — which will allow for you to discuss your abortion with one of our patient educators ahead of your appointment over video or telephone. Please email us at email@example.com and let us know you’d like to schedule Telehealth.
Frequently Asked Questions About Telehealth
- Accessing care at a more convenient time and place for you. Telehealth allows for you to connect with one of our patient educators remotely rather than physically being in our Center. You can access Telehealth from the comfort of your home or anywhere else. Additionally, our Telehealth program include evening hours.
- Accessing care in a more comfortable environment. You get to choose where you’ll be when you talk with our patient educator. Whether it’s at your home or a friend’s home, with a support person there with you or on your own, you can decide on your environment. (Also? If you’re in your own home you won’t have to wear a mask!
- Spending less time in our office at your in-person appointment. On average, utilizing Telehealth decreases the amount of time you will be in our Center by about 90 minutes.
- Making a secure partial payment (minimum $100) or even full payment by credit card online. Any remaining balance can be paid at your in-person appointment. (If you are using insurance, we can check your policy and will let you know about your coverage and co-pay.)
If you are paying for your abortioncare appointment using private insurance, we will advise if there is any copay or co-insurance we will ask to collect at the time of your Telehealth appointment.
- First, Request an Appointment online. A patient educator will email or call you to schedule your Telehealth appointment at a time you’d like. You’ll receive an email and text confirmation.
- As soon as you’ve requested your appointment, please complete your patient information forms online. We want to give our patient educators enough time to review your medical history and ensure that all of the required paperwork is in order.
- Read through the information on our website about medication abortion and procedural abortion. Feel free to think of any questions you may have.
- Select a space where you feel comfortable and can talk freely. If you would like a support person to be there with you, that’s fine.
- About five minutes before your appointment, log into the Telehealth session using the link provided. Make sure to enter your name as it shows on your patient information forms.
- Have a credit/debit card ready so you can pay the $100 applicable to your abortioncare appointment.
Your Telehealth session is encrypted end-to-end — meaning that there is no server in the middle listening in on or saving any video or content from the session.
For further information, doxy.me has a page with details about their security and privacy implementation.
Windows/Mac/Chromebook: You’ll need a computer with audio (microphone, speakers or headphones), video (webcam), one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari 11+ (latest version), and a solid internet connection. (There are more details at doxy.me’s system requirements page.)
iOS and Android: Safari 11+ on the latest version of iOS; Google Chrome on Android. You’ll need either WiFi or a data plan.
doxy.me does not work with Amazon Kindle or other e-readers at this time.
There are tools available to test your network connection to confirm that it will handle doxy.me successfully.
If you do not have a compatible computer or smartphone, or you prefer to conduct your telehealth session through a phone call, please indicate this when you Request an Appointment or call us at 703-532-2500 and we will work with you on solutions to connect with us.