FCHC and COVID-19
This page will be used for any updates about our operation during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) Health Emergency.
(Updated 19 March, 2020)
Falls Church Healthcare Center is proud to continue to serve you,
and we remain OPEN to do so!
We know that you’re concerned about COVID-19 (coronavirus). As your healthcare partner, we would like you to know that the health of our patients and our employees is our top priority. At FCHC we are taking additional steps to be extra vigilant to keep everyone healthy. We know that it is important that patients do not postpone needed healthcare, especially abortion services, as delaying abortion care may increase risks and costs.
We are adhering to health and safety guidelines suggested by the American Medical Association, the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Abortion Federation. Please note that, for everyone’s safety, we have implemented temporary patient and visitor procedures. We have put these in place to ensure the health of all of our patients and staff, and in order to support social distancing and minimizing the risk of community spread.
The following guidelines are in place:
- All visitors must complete our health screening questionnaire. We want to make sure that everyone who enters our clinic is not exhibiting symptoms of the COVID-19 Virus. Visitors with respiratory and/or flu-like symptoms and/or a fever of 100°F (37.8°C) are asked to reschedule their appointment until they are well. Flu-like symptoms include:
- shortness of breath
- sore throat
- myalgia (body aches)
- Each patient is limited to one healthy adult visitor or support person. We need to limit the number of patrons in our facility in order to ensure that we can remain a safe distance from each other to keep the virus from spreading. We regret that we cannot accommodate your children and all of your support persons at this time.
- All visitors must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entry to our Center. There are restrooms in the hallway which are available for hand-washing, and hand sanitizer is available as you enter our lobby.
- All visitors must cover their cough/sneeze with a tissue or sleeve, and wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds afterwards.
- All visitors should avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth. The virus can remain on surfaces we touch as well as on our skin. This will help minimize the chances that the virus will spread internally.
- Visitors who have been in contact with a person known to have COVID-19 will be asked to reschedule their appointment to a later date.
We appreciate your cooperation in doing your part as our Center strives to maintain a healthy environment for all of our patients, staff and visitors.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you might have: by phone (703-532-2500) or through our contact form.