Learn about the history, mission and goals of our center from Rosemary Codding, FCHC’s founder and director.
Our Connection with the Community and Volunteer Opportunities:
FCHC supports women in taking an active role in their well being by providing professional, affordable, confidential health and abortion care.
The privacy, safety and personalized care of you, our patient, is our priority.
- We promote patient rights through all of our services. Practicing to the highest standards of the ACOG, National Abortion Federation, and the Virginia Department of Health, we have an unparalleled safety record in abortion care.
- We welcome patients of all cultures, sexual orientations and gender expressions, including the unique needs of International language speakers, special needs people and Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer patients. We provide understanding, supportive, & quality health care. FCHC is a community-oriented gynecology center. Our patients benefit from the 50 years of reproductive and women’s health care our staff has provided.
- We provide professional and confidential health care at affordable fees for private pay patients and welcome most insurances, Payment plans can be arranged as are some funding assistance for both unexpected gynecology and for abortion care.
Kindness, Courtesy, Understanding and Respect are cornerstones or our patient-staff relationships.
- Our staff and center aim to create a safe and caring environment for all of our patients. We welcome patients of all cultures, sexual orientations and gender expressions, including the unique needs of Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer patients.
- FCHC is committed to understanding, supportive, quality health care.
We are a SAFE PLACE to make an important decision.
- Our staff of licensed gynecologists, nurses, patient educators, counselors, and administrators are professionals who specialize in reproductive health care.
- Our staff and clinicians are multilingual and multicultural.
- We are committed to every woman’s right to become a participant in her own health care. This includes the right to have your questions answered and to be informed about your medical diagnosis, procedures, possible complications and information about medications and any potential side effects.
Our Principles (We trust you will make decisions that will best nurture your future, your faith, your heart, and your family.)
- We embrace improvements and changes in reproductive health to provide appropriate and exemplary care.
- We provide and non-judgemental, supportive, and caring atmosphere.
- We strive to educate each patient and their families, to teach them the basic principles of wellness.
- To provide holistic reproductive healthcare.
- We tailor your patient education, decision-making, medical procedures, and follow-up care to your individual preferences and needs.
- We have been helping women and their families make decisions about unplanned pregnancies since 2002.
- We know you recognize that once you are pregnant there is no way forward without sacrifice.
Falls Church Healthcare has been nationally recognized for our unwavering pro-choice advocacy since our founding in 2002.
We are passionately and actively opposed to the current political assault on reproductive rights. Follow us on our Facebook page.
FCHC served as a co-sponsor for the March for Women’s Lives and staff and supporters joined the Women’s March on Washington under our banner of “Bring Only Love” .
Former patients, physicians and social agencies continue to refer women to our newly renovated Center, testimony that the community continues to recognize the quality and appreciates the comprehensive pro-choice services offered by the Center and our dedicated staff.
Falls Church Healthcare Center is proud to be members of National Abortion Federation, Abortion Care Network, the DC Doulas for Choice Collective, Physicians for Reproductive Health, Center for Reproductive Rights, Catholics for Choice as well as the Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (before their closing in 2019). We are supporters of NARAL Virginia, Washington Area Clinic Defense Task Force, the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice, and Faith Aloud.
Falls Church Healthcare Center is pleased to announce that currently our center is the first in Virginia and one of two in the DC Metropolitan Area to provide pro-choice doula services to our patients. Feel free to learn more about us by calling us.
Have no fear, #RealClinics are here. With the legislative initiatives that support fake clinics, we want to ensure our patients and those seeking abortions, that we are a real abortion care provider. One that provides all options for your pregnancies, supports your decisions and provides you with the best healthcare possible.